Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Why do I keep getting messages for profile tasks available, when they're not?

Discussion in 'MTurk Help & Resources' started by fortesque_turk, Aug 24, 2016.

1. fortesque_turk

fortesque_turk
    Expand Collapse

Every time I go to do a hit off of HIT scraper (or turkmaster, I use it too occasionally) and it comes back with the "There are no HITs in this group available to you at the moment. (Why?)" message, underneath it I keep getting a message saying:

Profile Tasks available:
    Provide information to enable Requesters to make more relevant Tasks available. Click here to find and complete Profile Tasks.

Yet, when I click there to do them (having already done them already), I get:

Your search did not match any HITs.

Anyone else have this? Note, I've only been turking for a week ($70+ my first 4 days, not too bad I don't think). I'm also concerned - could it be causing me to miss things that I'm qualified for but somehow there's no HITs in the group 2 seconds after the new link shows up in HIT scraper?

If it helps anyone, I have pictures of all of it.

2. kryss

kryss
    Expand Collapse
    carburante al fuoco

• Contributor
    Amazon just hasn't removed the reminder yet for those profile tasks. Everyone gets it, even after they've completed them. You can just x out of it or leave it there.

It isn't causing you to lose out on anything, as it's something amazon has recently implemented and not a lot of requesters are aware of them yet. If you completed them already, you're good.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #2 kryss, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  3. fortesque_turk

fortesque_turk
    Expand Collapse

Awesome. Thanks for letting me (and anyone else) know!

kryss likes this.