Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

sad pandas support group

Discussion in 'Social Discussion' started by Eetha, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Princess Gina Marie

Princess Gina Marie
    Expand Collapse
    I've never met a good person who hates kids

• Contributor
    Gradually better. :) There was just too much negative atmosphere. No sleep, teething baby, colds, edema and kidney pain, meds not keeping my blood pressure in check, family stuff. My outlook is better now, although my health isn't. Thank you for asking. Hope you and your littles are doing well!

Yatagarasu, savvylabell and Sondi like this.
  2. esprit-hyperdoux

esprit-hyperdoux
    Expand Collapse
    spooky reGHOSTer @ IPsoft

• Contributor
    • Requester
    i'm wishing you a happy birthday @Sondi@Sondi specifically in here because you liked my sadposts & i really appreciate it!

3. Sondi

Sondi
    Expand Collapse
    Goddess of soup

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    thank you :) I really appreciate the community in here.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    basketcasey, ducky, Vanyanka and 2 others like this.
  4. Vanyanka

Vanyanka
    Expand Collapse
    Mistress of Ennui

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • HIT Poster
    I miss you, Minky. <3

Jaded likes this.
  5. Blue

Blue
    Expand Collapse
    Unlikeable Ass

• Contributor
    “I don't want to scare you,” he said, “but I can very clearly see you dying nobly, one way or another, for some highly unworthy cause.” -JD Salinger (Catcher in the Rye)

You don't need to find the best in everyone. You just need to love the people closest to you (people you choose to surround yourself with) for both their strengths and their weaknesses, holistically. The rest of the world doesn't matter. The rest of those people will flit through your life in a moment and never matter in any real significant way... and you won't matter to them either.

6. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    I'm feeling really good today, almost like I'm going into a manic high, and that kind of worries me because it's only happened like twice in my entire life and both times ended in a horrible crash but at the same time I just want to enjoy it while I'm here? I fucking hate bipolar and I don't understand why it's suddenly yo-yoing because I've had it under control for almost a year now.

7. ducky

ducky
    Expand Collapse
    very lost

• Contributor
    It's been easier to keep my mind occupied lately, which is good. But those moments where I can't still suck

8. Princess Gina Marie

Princess Gina Marie
    Expand Collapse
    I've never met a good person who hates kids

• Contributor
    I'm sitting here watching the time on my phone. In exactly 32 minutes, it will officially be 18 years since my aunt walked out of the hospital, burst into tears and hugged me, telling me my dad was dead, as my mom screamed his name hysterically upstairs.

18 years.

I still haven't cried...and I still haven't forgiven him.

ducky and Jaded like this.
  9. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    The real themildone

• Administrator
    :hug:

I felt awkward liking this, so I just wanted to offer a hug and a reminder that my likes are hugs.

10. Metallica

Metallica
    Expand Collapse
    No remorse, no repent

• Contributor
    • Mentor
    I've been thinking way too much about my cat that got out a few weeks ago and died. I catch a lot of shit from others regarding how much I value cats ... I've spent my entire life around at least 1 at any given time, so I'd say it is justified. My son turns one next week .. said cat liked to sleep in the crib with him (yes we watched it closely, no we didn't declaw the cat), and generally just hung out with him. I don't know whether I feel more shitty about losing my favorite cat over a completely bullshit reason (I forgot the lock the door before going to bed, wind blew it open overnight) or because my son will never know how awesome of a cat he had hanging out with him. the cat turned 3 just one week before getting outside. I've questioned my ability to be a competent father at times; I'm rarely at home because I work so much, but the wife stays at home 24/7. I've missed a lot of special moments in regards to him growing up. The cat dying was like the final straw for my mental stability.. even if it really isn't that related to what I've said previously. I don't feel depressed, or angry really.. just a neutral type of sad or something. I've somehow managed to let my feelings of "I'm missing my son grow up" combine with my feelings of "I made a really stupid mistake which resulted in my favorite cat dying, who really liked being around my son". I've spent a lot of nights (or days) just sitting in bed silently crying regarding both of those things. I've yet to bring it up to anyone else because I feel like it would just make it worse; people close to me don't really understand crying over a cat. To me, its so much more than that.

My current thoughts aren't going in a clear direction, so I'm just cutting it off here.

#1850 Metallica, Oct 16, 2018 at 9:32 PM
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018 at 9:33 PM
  11. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse
    NOT JADED :)

• Contributor

okay. first off. hugs. i dunno who the fuck is judging you over being sad about your damn cat - they're crazy. Just like us, cats are complex creatures with feelings. i can't imagine how bonded I would feel to one if they liked my kid (if I had kids.) I'm already crazy bonded to mine. My little grey comes running when I cry, and purrs and rubs on my face because it upsets him.

I have pretty severe door/ gate/etc anxiety because of that. i haven't had a creature pass because of it yet, but I have had horses get out and cats get out. I have been late to work to recheck a door so the animals don't get it.

I would imagine it's hard working so much with a kid. just take advantage of every moment you do have at home and hope you're building a stable life for them. that is important in this day and age.

maybe, when you're ready, get another young cat to grow up with the kid. you can't replace this last cat, but you can fill the void with the next best friend.

side note - a giant orange tabby with claws slept in my crib with me as a child. granted, most places don't declaw in this day and age. but Tony was great. I was 5 when I found him outside, bled out of his nose and ears from poison. he had been an indoor/outdoor cat. I was pretty traumatized. Don't like outdoor cats.

12. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    I hate facebook memories. a picture just popped up of my ex and I when I was about 36 weeks pregnant. We looked so happy. I was completely clueless to the fact that he was stealing money from me and buying drugs. I was so in love and excited.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was doing good handling my boyfriend's situation until a few nights ago when I realized his pretrial date is just under a month away. Every time I think of him I feel like my chest is being squeezed and I can't catch my breath. I'm so scared.

13. esprit-hyperdoux

esprit-hyperdoux
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    • Requester
    @Metallica@Metallica you are clearly a very loving cat parent & human parent. you're doing your best & i believe in you

savvylabell, Metallica and Jaded like this.
  14. esprit-hyperdoux

esprit-hyperdoux
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    • Requester
    @themildone@themildone face book is the literal worst. sending you good thoughts
    (also i only just figured out your username when i was typing it just now)

15. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    The real themildone

• Administrator
    Oh cool, this week we're going to bounce between almost crying sad to so anxious that I'm over thinking every word I, or others, say. Cool beans.

savvylabell, Metallica, ducky and 3 others like this.
  16. Liz

Liz
    Expand Collapse
    Babysitter

• Contributor
    I just want to give you all hugs!!!

17. Metallica

Metallica
    Expand Collapse
    No remorse, no repent

• Contributor
    • Mentor
    I'm just chiming in here to say that, holy shit, me too. I've seen her on the forum for over 2 years now, and it just occurred to me that it is "the mild one". For whatever reason, I read it as "the mil done". I apparently have some problems. How did I never make this observation before ??? ? ? ?????

ducky, Jaded and esprit-hyperdoux like this.
  18. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    LOL that's what everyone guesses! it's definitely 'the mild one'

ducky, Jaded, Metallica and 1 other person like this.
  19. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse
    NOT JADED :)

• Contributor
    Fb memories just reminded me it’s been exactly one year since my ex and I spoke.

I posted “guess it’s just me and a couch full of dogs.”

My one roomie/friend was stuck in a dinner with people.

The other was pretending I wasn’t on the couch crying.

It’s much better than a year ago. But still. Someone you spent almost six years with.

esprit-hyperdoux likes this.
  20. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    I know how that is :hug: ex and I were together almost 7. It was hard figuring out how to be without him. facebook memories is shit.

savvylabell and esprit-hyperdoux like this.