Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

sad pandas support group

Discussion in 'Social Discussion' started by Eetha, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Maria Tortilla

Maria Tortilla
    Expand Collapse
    I'm sitting down, I thought you oughta know.

• Contributor
    I already talked to him before about it and he always says he'll spend more time with the kids and never does. His attitude is "you wanted kids and I work 40 hours a week so you gotta take care of them." I go to my sister's every Friday night for a few hours just for a little break but I can never stay long. My husband ignores the kids and the house is destroyed in the few hours I'm gone. He never puts them to bed so they'll be up until I get home or they fall asleep on the couch. :banghead:

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    that really sucks :( I don't have any advice, just :hug:

Maria Tortilla likes this.
  3. ducky

ducky
    Expand Collapse
    alien

• Contributor
    I finally believe that I can improve myself one step at a time

4. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    I feel like such a shit person right now. My dog, Jasmine, that I've had since she was 8 week old and she's now a little over 2...I had to surrender her to the humane society. I couldn't find a dog rescue that would take her, and I want someone to actually take applications and do background checks and stuff with her. I wanted to rehome her because I can't take her on walks and stuff anymore, and she's a LOT bigger than her previous owner said she would be, so living in an apartment with no walks...it just isn't fair to her. Plus, I think because of the pent up energy, she's been having some aggression issues with people knocking on my door. I love her to death, she's such a sweet girl, but it just isn't fair to her. I told them I absolutely do not want her euthanized, and if it comes to that to call me and I'll come get her. They promised they would and wrote that on her file. I feel like an ass because her I am about to get a puppy and I feel like I'm just replacing her, but I'm really not. I love her to death but she is just too big for an apartment with no place to run. I feel so bad knowing she's there without me, wondering when I'm going to come get her. But even at the shelter she'll get to play with other dogs and run around in a huge fenced-in area. She was doing great when I left, playing with some of the volunteers. But when she tried to follow me out the door, and she was just staring at me through the glass, it damn near killed me. Then as I was loading kiddo into the car and he was asking where 'Mammin' was and I just started crying. This sucks so bad but I don't feel like I had any other choice.

ducky and Jaded like this.
  5. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    Obnoxious String

• Administrator
    :hug: That's tough :(

6. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    they did say she's very adoptable, at least. Because she's amazing with kids and other dogs, and just how she was interacting with them. but one also said they're very full right now so there's no telling :(

ducky and Jaded like this.
  7. basketcasey

basketcasey
    Expand Collapse
    Curiouser and curiouser

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Mentor
    You will blossom into a beautiful duck. I believe in you.

8. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse
    who's gonna ride your wild horses?

• Contributor
    everyone..

you're wonderful.

9. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    Obnoxious String

• Administrator
    [​IMG]

10. basketcasey

basketcasey
    Expand Collapse
    Curiouser and curiouser

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Mentor
    This is so perfect. I'm glad you found an appropriate image, cause I was far too lazy.

11. ducky

ducky
    Expand Collapse
    alien

• Contributor
    just gotta stay positive :rolleyes:

12. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    Last night the puppy was whimpering for a while around midnight. I thought to myself that I hoped she didn't wake up my boyfriend. I rolled over to see if he was still asleep and it hit me like a ton of fucking bricks. I haven't really cried much over all of this, but I just broke down sobbing. It physically hurt to realize he isn't coming back for a while, especially because his lawyer (who he still hasn't spoke with) withdrew his guilty plea without his permission, which means it'll take another 3-4 months to get back to where we were in the court process. I want him back so bad.

Also my only IRL friend, who I've been best friends with since 1st grade, has recently dropped me for some reason. She's been increasingly bitchy with me for the past few months, super judgmental about my boyfriend, and now she basically won't answer any of my messages. So that's fun.

unrelated:
    [​IMG]

<Gucci>, ducky, Jaded and 1 other person like this.
  13. Delimon

Delimon
    Expand Collapse
    p h a r m D o g g o ✿

• Contributor
    [​IMG]
    ugh

14. AngelFace

AngelFace
    Expand Collapse
    Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness

• Contributor

Being in rescue myself for many years..this hurts my heart..can't help it..as I can't save them all-.. LMK if I can help if you want to LMK what area you are in and have a pic of her and where she is at ETC- Rescues can find room- As this is a pts shelter? That would be devastating-

#1314 AngelFace, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  15. Krikket

Krikket
    Expand Collapse
    YouTube Connoisseur

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    I don't understand this.

basketcasey likes this.
  16. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    This puppy is much, much smaller (yorkie). I can take her on walks with my son. Jasmine is a much bigger dog (the people I got her from very obviously lied about her breed) and I can't wrangle her and my son at the same time.

Krikket and ducky like this.
  17. sinon

sinon
    Expand Collapse
    Make It Happen

• Contributor
    I literally can never do a damn thing right. Will there ever be a time in my life when I am enough? :cliff:

edit: feeling a lot better now :love:

#1317 sinon, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  18. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    My sister tried to kill herself again. second time this year. None of our family is really acting like it's a big deal and I don't understand why. She posted on facebook last night 'love y'all', which was weird because she doesn't usually tell people she loves them. She had been fine the rest of the day though so I didn't think much of it, but I did message her and ask if she was ok, or if it was like a goodbye type thing. She laughed it off and said she was fine. Usually she does tell me when she's feeling bad, so I left it at that. Then she took 40 vicodin, not sure what mg. I guess her husband (estranged, doesn't live with her) thought something was up so he called the cops and then headed to her house. He got there first (which is fucking stupid, the police station is literally 2 minutes from her house, while he's almost 20 mins away) and started making her throw up. By the time the cops got there, they said she was lucid enough to choose for herself if she wanted to go to the hospital, which of course she didn't. She's been in bed all day because any light or noise apparently makes her puke (I haven't talked to her, this is from my parents). I'm worried because vicoden is tylenol-based, and tylenol can make your organs fail like 42 hours later even if the initial overdose doesn't. But of course no one will listen to me and she, of course, says she's fine.

I should have known something was up because of the message. I should've gone over there or something. And we got into an argument a few hours before, too, and I just...feel like shit. And she technically could still die I think, I have no idea how long the vicodin was in her system before her husband got her to start throwing up, but everyone is just acting like it's no big deal.

#1318 themildone, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    <Gucci>, jml and Jaded like this.
  19. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    Obnoxious String

• Administrator
    :( I'm sorry, that's awful. I don't think you should feel like shit though, not in a guilty type way. If that makes any sense.

themildone likes this.
  20. humbleturker

humbleturker
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • HIT Poster
    Two bits of motivation I have to share.

1) You've survived 100% of your past struggles. You're pretty good at overcoming struggle.
    2) Your future self will thank you for overcoming what you have now.

Remember, it's about getting over the hump. Something I struggle with currently, but I'm working on it.