Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

sad pandas support group

Discussion in 'Social Discussion' started by Eetha, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Binxybaby

Binxybaby
    Expand Collapse

This is extremely helpful! I would say this is exactly what I was looking for!
    I feel like I've become a zombie since I had my kid, I come home and do everything for him and then Im exhausted, I feel like I dont have my own thoughts or ideas or passions anymore. I love my son but I want to feel like more than just a mom and thats the slump Ive fallen into.
    Ive been thinking a lot about how I care too much and just recently its started to negatively affect my life. I need to make moves and I need to make changes.
    I used to hoop for exercise almost everyday and when I got pregnant I stopped. I really need to pick that back up again because I know that would help my confidence and overall my mental health. I will look into MommaStrong too.
    Thank you!

Sondi likes this.
  2. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    Obnoxious String

• Administrator
    Decided to save this rant for a little later

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1042 Jaded, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  3. sinon

sinon
    Expand Collapse
    Make It Happen

• Contributor
    [​IMG]
    Feels like I'm just not doing enough tbh. And I probably (most definitely) am not. The lull in work lately has me feeling wonky. But then again, that just feels like an excuse. Brain feels torn between giving myself tough love or not. But playing catch up on bills all the time is wearing me out. Need to get firm grip on my spending and really grind out the money.

4. jml

jml
    Expand Collapse
    Fitter Happier

This has been me for the last 7 years. I think working from home and sorta isolating myself has fucked me up. Living my life on autopilot has made my 20s fly by in a flash -- I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about how it feels like I was 22 last week but I'm almost 29 now.

#1044 jml, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    MarkC, sinon, themildone and 3 others like this.
  5. ducky

ducky
    Expand Collapse
    alien

• Contributor
    think most people feell ike that this week

6. sinon

sinon
    Expand Collapse
    Make It Happen

• Contributor
    [​IMG]
    You might be on to something there... Since I started working from home (and don't get me wrong, I love working from home...) I've felt kinda the same. I can't remember the exact time frame but I think I've been working from home for 2-3 years now and it also feels like my 20s are passing me by :( I turn 26 this year and it seriously feels like I was just 20 not that long ago...

But seriously, I think the isolation stuff is maybe what gets us. I live with my partner and cat so it isn't that I am alone... But because I quit working jobs out in the "real world" I feel more isolated. I don't like to be around family and I don't see my friends much because they don't live nearby. With this kind of lifestyle, it feels easy to get sucked into a vortex of seemingly never-ending things to do (work/house chores) while simultaneously neglecting other needs (like socialization, self development, etc). Idk I just woke up and now I feel like I'm rambling...

Sadly, I think you're right :( This week has sucked mturk wise.
    [​IMG]

7. shoesue87

shoesue87
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor

I agree. These past few weeks especially. I'm going to try to make my goal this week and I'll try not to get frustrated along the way. Sometimes mturkk makes my depression/anxiety worst but then I remind myself that I don't really have other alternatives (yet) so I just stick with it. Hope you feel better soon

themildone, jml and ducky like this.
  8. sinon

sinon
    Expand Collapse
    Make It Happen

• Contributor
    I hope you feel better soon, too! I know it's hard sometimes not to stress but try to cut yourself some slack as well. If you're new to mturk, it just takes some time to get more established, but keep grinding out those HITs and you'll make it, I promise <3 (I need to take my own advice!)
    [​IMG]

Binxybaby and shoesue87 like this.
  9. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse
    who's gonna ride your wild horses?

• Contributor
    I moved this weekend, in with a mostly random guy. It's tough. It didn't go smooth. My old roommate (the guy) was shitty and cold to me the whole time, and still charged me for the 10 days I didn't occupy space. Because I wasn't stressed enough.Then the ports for internet don't work. I took yesterday off to deal with internet, but now have to be late for work on Wednesday because I need to meet the tech.

Moving on saturday was stressful and my boyfriend saw me cry for the first time, and it opened a can of worms, to where HE felt bad that we are not at a point to live together because he wants to help. But honestly, we are no where near that situation in our relationship and it will only ruin things.

Though thinking upon that, I think i'm a commitophobe now. Like, afraid to commit to anyone ever again. That's sad. I used to be loving and naive. but now I trust no one, and nothing. not even as friends. Almost 30 and I'm a bitter, defensive women. Surprise surprise.

Also, just, everything sucks and I hemorrhaged money this weekend and need to turk but don't seem to have the time.

Binxybaby likes this.
  10. Binxybaby

Binxybaby
    Expand Collapse

:hug:
    I can relate to a lot of this post. Times like these I wish all the mturk people lived near each other so we could help each other out lol.
    I know its hard living with strangers, I thought I picked a good roommate then she went crazy on me. My fiance (then boyfriend) moved in with me way too soon in our relationship but he wanted to help out and he was sleeping on his dads couch. I don't think it ruined things but I also don't think we were ready for that, so I get it.

I understand too about being bitter and defensive. I miss being naive and loving everything. It sucks that life makes you jaded. The older we get the more emotional scars we seem to acquire.

I've been told my hopeless optimism is annoying but its all I have to keep me sane. So I don't have advice, just optimism that I hope things get better for you. I truly believe you can only go up from rock bottom. I hope something really great happens for you soon!

savvylabell likes this.
  11. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor

Thanks girl.

He and I are literally not even at 3 months and haven't even had sleepovers because my former roommate wouldn't allow it lol. so we just don't know anything about our habits. So i'm not ready. We did discuss that it should be a discussion at the end of my lease if things are still going in that direction - he lives at home right now and needs to move out.

I had hopeless optimism until this past year lol. Working on getting it back <3

Binxybaby likes this.
  12. ducky

ducky
    Expand Collapse
    alien

• Contributor
    going to try again today to find a therapist or w/e the fuck it is i need :grimacing:

savvylabell, MerryLou, Jaded and 2 others like this.
  13. Farmer Pleco

Farmer Pleco
    Expand Collapse
    Plowing connoisseur

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    Best of luck ducky, hope you can find the right person to help you out.

savvylabell, MerryLou and ducky like this.
  14. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    Obnoxious String

• Administrator
    [​IMG] :hug:

savvylabell and MerryLou like this.
  15. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    just got some really bad news about my dad. quick recap: we're pretty sure his cancer is back, his eyes are yellow, he's lost about 30 lbs in less than 2 months, but he won't go to the dr.

My sister just came over to talk to me. Neither one of us has seen my dad in a few weeks, but her husband (my BIL) lives with him and our mom. Apparently, my dad is...idek. He's passed out a few times, getting extremely paranoid, having rage outbursts. My BIL overheard him screaming at my mom "why do you keep my locked in here? why are you hiding me away?". Apparently he also fucking headbutted my mom, idk if she's hurt or how badly (it was a few days ago, I guess). Neither my mom nor my dad have texted/called me in days, which is unusual, which means they're hiding this from my sister and I. We only know because of my BIL.

Several years ago when my sister first got with my BIL, they lived with BIL's grandma. She had brain cancer, and my sister was her caretaker while BIL was at work. My sister says all of this (the passing out, rage outbursts, paranoia, as well as the physical symptoms) are exactly like how BIL's grandma was, especially towards the end when she stopped chemo.

I feel like I'm on the edge of disassociating or like I'm going to hyperventilate. I obviously know he isn't going to live forever, but...I don't want him to go out like this. He was always the muscular dad who looked scary to all my friends, not this...gaunt, washed-out, bony thing he is now. And he still won't go to the dr. I don't know what the fuck to do.

16. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor

*hugs* cancer is a fucking bear. I hope you get in contact with them and get stuff sorted in whatever direction <3

themildone likes this.
  17. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    I do not want my ex back. I miss my old life though, since life hasn't been the same for 9months.

today would've been 6 years. still amazing that someone would throw away that much time.

their loss, I suppose.

despite being stressed and broke, going on a weekend getaway to dc to meet the boy's friends. should be a fun weekend of shenanigans.

18. ducky

ducky
    Expand Collapse
    alien

• Contributor
    update: i have an appointment :cautious: now i just need to go to it next week

19. MerryLou

MerryLou
    Expand Collapse
    unpalatable

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Sole Survivor
    [​IMG]

:heart: I remember being really nervous about seeing a therapist for the first time, or having to meet a new one. Remember, it could be like the best fucking day ever and you really click with them and they're awesome and you come out feeling like you've already had some of that weight lifted off your shoulders.

All my best to all the pandas in here.

20. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    Obnoxious String

• Administrator
    I saw this on reddit and it made me feel some fuzzy-ish feelings so here

[​IMG]

idk it helped me today so take it.

themildone, MerryLou, ducky and 2 others like this.