Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

sad pandas support group

Discussion in 'Social Discussion' started by Eetha, Jan 12, 2016.

1. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    Sure, making excuses can be bad, but sometimes you just know what you can and can't handle. I'm sorry you're feeling down. I hope you find a new job quickly if that's what you decide to do. :hug:

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Binxybaby likes this.
  2. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse
    who's gonna ride your wild horses?

• Contributor
    <3

Binxybaby likes this.
  3. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    got less than 2 hours of sleep last night because BF got drunk and aggressive. kind of want to die rn.

4. Binxybaby

Binxybaby
    Expand Collapse

*hugs* Im so sorry sweetie. I know how hard that can be. I hope things get better soon.

A6_Foul_Out and themildone like this.
  5. ItsAmyTee

ItsAmyTee
    Expand Collapse
    Corgo

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Mentor
    :hug:

A6_Foul_Out and themildone like this.
  6. ducky

ducky
    Expand Collapse
    alien

• Contributor
    :dogger:

#1006 ducky, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  7. marshmallows

marshmallows
    Expand Collapse
    Sentient package of Marshmallows

• Contributor
    Edit : Oops.

#1007 marshmallows, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    A6_Foul_Out likes this.
  8. Binxybaby

Binxybaby
    Expand Collapse

Anyone ever told you that you were boring? Its really hurtful. Im not really sure how to change that. They said I have no personality of my own which I feel like isn't true at all. I'll admit that a lot of my interest now a days has to do with my son, I guess thats what makes me boring that all I talk about is my kid and stuff relating to me being a parent. I dont have time for anything else tho, my life is going to work, coming home and taking care of my son. So all I talk about now is work and being a parent. I dont know how to be more interesting....

A6_Foul_Out, ducky and Farmer Pleco like this.
  9. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    wow, that's a pretty low insult. I don't think you're boring at all. You're funny and nice and sympathetic. And if only talking about your kid makes you boring, then I guess I'm just as boring as you. That's something that happens to parents (moms especially, I think).

10. Binxybaby

Binxybaby
    Expand Collapse

Thank you :love:
    I feel that way too, that when you become a mom thats just what happens.
    Its hard because this is someone I really care about.

11. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    I planned on really doubling down and working my ass off on MTurk today because I missed yesterday morning for an appointment, but then my boyfriend basically dragged me out of the house with my son, sister, niece and nephew. It's like 65 degrees, the first not-rainy day in weeks, and my sister wanted to walk into town. We ended up walking about 3 miles total, which doesn't sound like a huge deal but for me totally was. I literally have agoraphobia because of how bad my anxiety is (that's why I work from home...) and walking where everyone can see me is a huge trigger for me. But I did it, and there were even moments when I forgot to be anxious! We went to the local family-owned bakery and we all had delicious donuts, then we went to two thrift stores, where I found some awesome books (hello, East of Eden for $0.75!). Then we went to the butcher/deli and got a hell of a deal on meats. And I got kiddo what is obviously his new favorite toy--an electric guitar! it plays some little tunes but it also plays different sounds depending on which string he touches (not strums or whatever, he just has to touch it, so he can do it easily). He keeps headbanging and rocking out while singing. It's adorable.

So basically I had my first awesome day in forever, and even though I left the house I didn't die.

edit: I just realized this is technically a 'sad panda' only group, but I'm honestly really proud of myself so I hope it's okay to post this here...

micky, scrmcasey, Daniel and 6 others like this.
  12. Krikket

Krikket
    Expand Collapse
    YouTube Connoisseur

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    This made me so happy!

Jaded and themildone like this.
  13. Binxybaby

Binxybaby
    Expand Collapse

I'm so glad you had a good day! :heart:
    I think its ok to post happy stuff too! Us sad pandas need to know that there are good days sometimes too!

14. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    Obnoxious String

• Administrator
    ^that. Sometimes we need to see good things too :hug:

A6_Foul_Out, Binxybaby and themildone like this.
  15. Binxybaby

Binxybaby
    Expand Collapse

I keep thinking about keeping a journal again but honestly it gives me anxiety to think about too. I want to write about happy stuff, I want to document things my son does, I want to remember times that made me happy. BUT Im afraid my entries will get dark, they might start out happy then get sad. When I kept a journal in the past I really only wrote in it when I was sad, which Im sure was therapeutic for me at the time. I dont want to do that now tho, I feel like I have a lot of sad days and I dont want to remember them.
    I feel like Ive changed so much in the last 10 years. If I was forced to talk to my 19 year old self I would probably be jaded and think she was obnoxiously optimistic, I would probably tear her down because I wouldnt understand her. I hate that life has made me anxious and less optimistic.

A6_Foul_Out likes this.
  16. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    Obnoxious String

• Administrator
    I wish I weren't so mean to people sometimes :\ I don't mean to I just get so antsy and then they talk to me and I snap at them.

Binxybaby and A6_Foul_Out like this.
  17. mboone73

mboone73
    Expand Collapse
    Delicate flower

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    Even I don’t understand my sarcasm anymore.

Binxybaby, A6_Foul_Out and Jaded like this.
  18. ducky

ducky
    Expand Collapse
    alien

• Contributor
    happy things belong here too

19. themildone

themildone
    Expand Collapse
    the real Jaded

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    I'm so stressed and depressed it's unreal. I just had to do a review of my ktap/snap case. the worker made me feel like absolute shit. I'm exempt from the mandatory volunteer hours for KTAP because of my mental shit. She literally told me I 'don't make crap for money' and need to get a job and take care of my son. That i need to learn coping skills so I can work. she's the only KTAP worker so I have to work with her. my boyfriend is calling in to report her right now, but i'm so fucking anxious because she's going to know it was me and I still have to work with her so I'm fucking panicking. fuck this. i feel like an absolute shit mother because she's right, I can't take care of my son. i'm fucking horrible.

20. ItsAmyTee

ItsAmyTee
    Expand Collapse
    Corgo

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Mentor
    One of the most consistent things in my life right now is that when I sit down to work around 8am or so, you're already there grinding it out. Every single day. And I doubt you're doing it because turking is such a deeply fulfilling way to spend your time. You're getting up every morning and doing what you need to do to take care of your son. That's pretty much the definition of an awesome mom.

Just because your way of caring for your family is different than some random person's narrowminded view doesn't make it any less legitimate, and it certainly, absolutely, without doubt does not make you a bad mother. Again - you are an awesome mom. That worker is in the wrong, and she needs to be called out on it. And it's completely sucky and anxiety-producing to be in the position of having to do it. But you're not in the wrong.

Thinking of you today <3 <3 <3