Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Reversing a rejection

Discussion in 'Requester Support' started by Titrate, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Titrate

Titrate
    Expand Collapse

• Requester
    Is there a way to reverse a rejection without approving for payment? The worker did not complete the survey, but wants the rejection removed.

2. kryss

kryss
    Expand Collapse
    carburante al fuoco

• Contributor
    No, if you reverse the rejection they will receive payment. Was there just a mistake, as in can you send them the link to the survey, have them complete it and then you can overturn the rejection?

MerryLou likes this.
  3. Titrate

Titrate
    Expand Collapse

• Requester
    Ok. No, there was problem with the original link, so they couldn't complete the survey. But, now the batch is complete, so I don't need them to take it again

4. electrolyte

electrolyte
    Expand Collapse
    The Ghost of MTurk Past

• Administrator
    If they didn't complete the survey, send them the link to the survey (the Qualtrics link), have them complete it, and then once you see that's done, you can reverse the rejection on MTurk so they can receive the payment.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. kryss

kryss
    Expand Collapse
    carburante al fuoco

• Contributor
    If there was an issue with the link, and they didn't complete the survey, and submitted it anyways, I would reject the hit. It's nothing out of the ordinary for there to be an issue with surveys and a worker should not knowingly be submitting work they haven't completed. I would probably reject the hit.

MerryLou, Titrate and Jaded like this.