Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Political Stuff

Discussion in 'Social Discussion' started by electrolyte, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Shadowmoo

Shadowmoo
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    http://www.wsj.com/video/what-will-...95-921CBFF77FF9.html?mod=trending_now_video_3

Horse Feathers likes this.
  2. Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers
    Expand Collapse
    There's no future in time travel.

• Contributor
    Unfortunately the tendency is to pick and choose things from the bible they agree with and ignore others that don't suit their agenda. I have a real problem hiding behind God when your lies are beyond apparent. I guess this part of the bible doesn't count. :(

Psalm 101:7
    No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    A6_Foul_Out, kryss and jan like this.
  3. Shadowmoo

Shadowmoo
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    jml likes this.
  4. Shadowmoo

Shadowmoo
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    The main thing I am worried about is that Nazism and Fascism usually starts as an ultra-conservative wave movement in response to economic troubles. 'Give us your freedoms in exchange for economic prosperity'. This is why the GOP sees a Dem uprising in the next election cycle. They recognize that all their actions will have a very strong consequences. The rise of Fascism also comes along with denouncing free media and free press. Something Trump and the GOP do constantly. You should be worried and aware.

#2404 Shadowmoo, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    ecko, Horse Feathers and jml like this.
  5. jml

jml
    Expand Collapse
    Fitter Happier

I think you and I are on pretty similar wavelengths. The reason actual stormfront neonazis were able to recruit so well and establish massive alt-right communities on 4chan and reddit is because people born in the mid-80s and later are getting fucked economically as the well-off pull up the ladder behind them. So the neonazis go in and tell the frustrated mostly white male users in their 20s "it's not your fault that you're not doing as well in life as you hoped, it's because of (minorities/women)." Now instead of being disappointed in themselves for struggling at a McJob at 30 when they originally had higher ambitions, they have a scapegoat that they can blame for their problems.

And it's pretty likely that it isn't their fault for struggling. They just end up misplacing the blame.

#2405 jml, Dec 15, 2017
    ecko, catnapped, Miriette and 4 others like this.
  6. Shadowmoo

Shadowmoo
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Fought a neo-con I befriended on facebook and shot down every one of the standard arguments that they use. Using only right leaning news articles and facts until he stopped posting. He refused to admit he was wrong and simplified my arguments to 'well you just hate trump'. It is so infuriating. I frequently need to take break from it due to how worked up I get trying to express to those who like what is going on right now that, no, what is going on right now has some possibly very dire consequences.

#2406 Shadowmoo, Dec 15, 2017
    ecko and Horse Feathers like this.
  7. Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    The level of greed at the top has been exponential. So many factors have contributed to it such as companies not caring about anything but margins and getting their stock price higher. Which is why this tax cut will not trickle down. History has proven that already. Just ask Kansas.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...s-flat-1978-ceo-pay-has-soared-outrageous-937

Include loading federal courts with unqualified, biased lifetime judges who will be there long after Trump is in hell.

#2407 Horse Feathers, Dec 15, 2017
    ecko and jml like this.
  8. kryss

kryss
    Expand Collapse
    carburante al fuoco

• Contributor
    I read a really interesting article a while back related to this. Now I need to find it to share. It was basically a synopsis of the gap of profits and wages from the 50s - to today. How there used to not be such wide margins between executives and employees. I'll find it.

9. Shadowmoo

Shadowmoo
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
  10. ecko

ecko
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    • Mentor
    [​IMG]

11. jml

jml
    Expand Collapse
    Fitter Happier

Twitter accounts like that one should be taken with a gigantic grain of salt tbh.

12. Shadowmoo

Shadowmoo
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    The question still surrounds if it is legit or not. But snopes says they verified. To be fair these are people risking their livelihoods to bring insider news.
    https://www.snopes.com/2017/06/01/alts-and-rogues/

13. Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    WTF?! Another case of censorship with this admin. The following words are now banned at the CDC “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.77385def6ed1

Same bullshit they pulled with the EPA.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2017/11/9/16619120/trump-administration-removing-climate-change-epa-online-website

A6_Foul_Out, jan, jml and 1 other person like this.
  14. Shadowmoo

Shadowmoo
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Seems that altGOV twitter account was correct.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-could-fire-mueller-next-153524743.html?.tsrc=fauxdal

We are now entering the era of rumors: Wars and rumors of war----and rumors like the one expressed in this article. If Trump fires Mueller---we the citizens--will each have to decide for ourselves what to do and how to do it. Our penchant for scanning the horizons for the cavalry to come to our rescue---in this case the Congress of the United States--is a forlorn hope borne from imaginary---if not hallucinatory--musings. If Trump does as anticipated--and if neither the Congress nor a combination of states act to stop Trump----then we will have a de facto dictatorship in the United States. The last and final element in the checks and balances in our political system are the People. My concern is that most of us will be all too willing to acclimate ourselves to a "soft" dictatorship---because to resist will demand sacrifices greater than what many are prepared to make.

optipfrog and jan like this.
  15. Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    This is literally fascism 101.

A6_Foul_Out, jan and optipfrog like this.
  16. optipfrog

optipfrog
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Hello everybody. Just came to see what the word is. Can't say I am anywhere near caught up on this threads comments.

I will say that I am liberal in my leaning.

Hate is a strong word and should not be used lightly, but I hate what has become of the US political system.

I might chime in from time to time.

Let us all think about the reasons why we think what we do.

I want to hear what you think - not who you hate.

kryss and jan like this.
  17. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

Horse Feathers and optipfrog like this.
  18. DCI

DCI
    Expand Collapse

Afaik, there is zero credible reporting at the moment suggesting that the President is going to try to remove the special counsel over the Christmas break. A partisan congressperson saying they heard a rumor isn't worth a whole lot. I'm sure Congress is aware of the possibility, and will prepare for it, similarly to how they prepared for it in August when they blocked recess appointments and made it known that there would be no confirmation of a new AG anytime soon if Sessions were to resign or be fired.

Even if the President went on a firing spree, starting with Rod Rosenstein, until he got someone to end the special counsel, he would only be hastening his own demise. The idea that Congress would do nothing just because there are Republican majorities or that what's already been investigated would just disappear into the ether never to be seen again is ridiculous. The public pressure would be white hot, and it really wouldn't be an option for Congress not to act, and even if they somehow still failed to act, they would all be thrown out in November, no armed revolt necessary. Have fun storming the castle though.

#2418 DCI, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    optipfrog and Horse Feathers like this.
  19. Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    optipfrog and jan like this.
  20. Horse Feathers

Horse Feathers