Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

newbie question

Discussion in 'MTurk Help & Resources' started by Jonnie, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Jonnie

Jonnie
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone!! I'm trying to understand everything, anyways I'm looking at my assigned qualifications tab and there is some things from requesters. I'm not sure what they mean. This is one:

Qualification
    Follow up

Your value

Description
    Eligible for follow-up

Assigned Date
    04/25/2018

Retry Available
    Yes

Action
    Request Again

Do I hit request again? What do I do from here?

This is another:
    Qualification
    Already completed HIT

Your value

Description
    Workers with this qualification have already done my HITs before, so I'm using this qualification instead of blocking.

Assigned Date
    04/24/2018

Retry Available
    Yes

Action
    Request Again

Is this one telling me I've already done it and they are trying to not block me? I have a couple others that I have questions about but I'll start here. Thanks in advance everyone!!

2. electrolyte

electrolyte
    Expand Collapse
    The Ghost of MTurk Past

• Administrator
    You can pretty much ignore everything in that tab. Requesters use qualifications to manage groups of workers and determine who can and can't work on their projects according to whatever their project requires.

The first one is saying you have a value of "29" so if the requester wants you to do their follow up HIT, they'll put a value of "29" on the HIT and you'll be permitted to do it. If they don't want you to do, they'll put some other number on it so you can't access it. For the second one, the requester gave you a qualification after you did their HIT so that you can't do it again, most likely because they don't want duplicate data. If they post their HIT again, it'll only be open to people who do not have the qualification so only people who haven't done it yet can do it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Jonnie likes this.
  3. Jonnie

Jonnie
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much! That makes things alot easier!!