Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

New - Member...Getting Serious

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kimberly T., Jul 4, 2018.

1. Kimberly T.

Kimberly T.
    Expand Collapse

So I was looking around for a way to make a few bucks here and there and came across mTurk which apparently I had signed up for in the past. Who knew? I've gotten more serious about working with it yesterday and managed almost $10 for my first day. I'm looking forward to getting my numbers up and seeing about making more than maybe $2-5 an hour that's for sure. In the meantime, I'm only at 100 HITs so I have a long way to go. I find the transcription pays out the fastest and is approved almost right away so that is nice. I did some interesting work looking up old Facebook posts yesterday but finding today there isn't much more that doesn't pay more than 0.02 with batch HITs. Oh well, I've got nothing better to do today.

Cheers!

jan and basketcasey like this.
  2. Achilles2357

Achilles2357
    Expand Collapse

If you're already past your trial period, then I'd aim to get to 1000 hits as quickly as possible, since this probably unlocks the most hits. (5000 and 10000 unlock a few more, but I think 1000 is most important.) I wouldn't do too many hits from any one requester or from new requesters until you get a better feel for it, just so you don't screw up your acceptance rate. There are a few bad requesters. But if you are getting approvals for transcription hits and like them them by all means pound them out to reach 1000. Good luck!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. LoveMuppet

LoveMuppet
    Expand Collapse
    Yarn Hoarder

• Contributor
    • Sole Survivor
    • HIT Poster
    Welcome! I think a lot of us signed up and we're were accepted to mturk for a while before we actually got serious about it.

@Achilles2357@Achilles2357 gave solid advice. Once you hit 1000 and then 5000 hits, a lot more opens up. Be sure to check out turkopticon for reviews on requesters, too.

4. basketcasey

basketcasey
    Expand Collapse
    Curiouser and curiouser

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Mentor
    Welcome!

5. Schwifty

Schwifty
    Expand Collapse
    Turk'ing Newbie

Welcome! I'm new here as well. You're doing pretty good if you only just started and have 100 approved HITS. It's probably nothing for the veterans, but for us newbies I'd say that's good. I'm only at like 30 or so. They take forever to verify mine.