Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

MTurk Mentors

Discussion in 'MTurk Help & Resources' started by kryss, Aug 24, 2017.

1. ChristopherASA

ChristopherASA
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    @Jerami@Jerami

HF at 1100 or 1000. HS at 0 (if I'm trying to catch HITs that come up) or 1 if I want a list of batch work. (But I have a slowww Internet: ping is 40, UL is 5.16, DL is 1.)

"and HitCatcher with some more PandAs" Yes.

I do spend most of my time looking for HITs. On a "good" day, I'll knock out from 15 to maybe 30 HITs. If someone like Avery or Hannah Rashkin post, I can get in 30 to 150 or so. Pathetic.

I have NOT been running HF or HS in their own window but will start doing that when I'm done here. I just drag and drop the tab I've got them in "off screen" till they show up in my task bar at the bottom of the screen, right?

"I know the most recent HIT, in 'Logged HITs' will always be at the top." I didn't realize that! A moment ago I just "sat on" the upper most HIT "Accept" button and as soon as it "chirped" at me, I hit the "accept." And caught a HIT. ( I returned it because it was a game, but I DID get the HIT! I also have to get over my "thing" about not doing games." I've been wayyyyy off base using HF, but now I get it!!! Thanks!! (I think I may need to go over to the MTS thread and read that again. F***) HS doesn't do the same thing, does it? Loading all new HITs at the top?

I have taken to accepting HITs as they pop up and returning them if I didn't have the quals or didn't think I liked them (or they appeared too .... confusing to me). I was a bit afraid my rejection rate, which is 0.1201%. I've been turking since February 2016 and have only 26.000+ HITs. :(

On the PandA thing for HITs posted on the forum. I do that but find it not very effective. So it IS a waste of time, so I need to stop doing that.

Wish I could have been more cogent with this reply but did the best I could do today Is there anything I didn't respond to?.

Again, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. ChristopherASA

ChristopherASA
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    @Metallica@Metallica

".. To be at your most efficient turking, you'd want to avoid looking at the forum instead of whichever scraper."

I'm weening myself off the forum and PC (which is pretty useless imho). But I also use the forum to learn from all my fellow Turkers, but will set aside a time of day or night to do that and concentrate on scanning for HITs instead.

"..but watching a scraper as much as possible will reduce your reliance on catchers as well as the following frustration that comes when you have to add yet another panda to it."

Am doing that, too.

"..but you don't seem THAT slow." I am slow, about 15% slower than the posted times by people who have done "x" HIT.

"..warming up for the day by taking a typing speed test or something?" Will try that, too.

"I'd recommend submitting a hit or two from whichever batch you come across and feel like you can do it efficiently. " Will do that.

"Most batch work revolves around the same types of work (categorizing things, harvesting emails from a company's webpage, etc.)

I've avoided doing those, and that's my major weakness.

" if you see a batch sitting untouched for hours, it may not be because they suck - people just may not realize its worth doing. "

Excellent advice

"@C to the J@C to the J@C to the J is one of the more efficient turkers out there, and 9 times out of 10 he isn't going to share a super awesome batch he comes across to the forum." I know he's great, and I wouldn't expect to to mention a great batch if he knew of one. :)

I've looked at the AHK tutorial site scads of times and find it very confusing. I'll make an effort to learn at least some BASIC stuff!

I just re-loaded https://greasyfo'trk.org/en/scripts/24650-mturk-radio-keybinds

Well, I think I've grasped everything you told me. If I missed anything, please let me know.

MANY thanks for your spending all the time you spent trying to help me out!!!!!!!

Christopher

Concise and C to the J like this.
  3. Mich

Mich
    Expand Collapse

I read the guide but I think I have a bit of information overload and need help.

What, I understand So Far

Get to 1000 Approved hits
    Complete hits with high approval rates
    Install Tampermonkey with turkopticon
    I won't make much in the beginning

Which tool allows me to see requesters that hardly or never rejects hits?

What else do I need to know?
    All the hits am seeing is 0.01 and sometimes I see 0.10 and sometimes I will see a .50 cent survey

4. BCamp

BCamp
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I'm new. Not sure where to post questions for mentors and others who answer questions.
    I've recieved emails from requesters who ask for follow up surveys. When I try to do the follow up, it says No more hits available. One requester in particular keeps emailing reminders to do the follow up. Any advice?

5. TSolo315

TSolo315
    Expand Collapse
    SnapNCrackle

If you had done it before, returned it, or let it expire it will show that message if you try to accept it again. Pretty much the HIT is still available for people who haven't done it yet, but not available for you, who have already done it.

6. BCamp

BCamp
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!