Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Mechanical Turk Suspensions and General Speculation

Discussion in 'MTurk Help & Resources' started by Metallica, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Metallica

Metallica
    Expand Collapse
    Never free, never me

• Administrator
    • Mentor
    Here's the latest addition to the thread. This person has been on the platform since 2010, has masters, hundreds of thousands of hits submitted, yadda yadda, and they claimed her identity was false. She got her account back tonight, and this was he email they sent her during the ordeal.

jan and Kadauchi like this.
  2. Metallica

Metallica
    Expand Collapse
    Never free, never me

• Administrator
    • Mentor

#102 Metallica, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    DareAngel3 likes this.
  3. Metallica

Metallica
    Expand Collapse
    Never free, never me

• Administrator
    • Mentor
    Yesterday, I was contacted by an Amazon employee that showed interest in getting involved with the community. He gave me his personal Amazon email address and told me that he will look into any cases where people feel they were unfairly suspended. He asked that I send people his way for it. From here on, I will be including the email address he gave me into the "template" I send to people that ask for help. I am very glad to see involvement from the company and I hope this is a sign of bigger things to come.

jklmnop, savvylabell and DareAngel3 like this.
  4. Metallica

Metallica
    Expand Collapse
    Never free, never me

• Administrator
    • Mentor
    Hey, another update. The contact has expressed interest in me (or rather, requests that I stop giving them to people) no longer sharing any personal Amazon employee email address with anyone needing help. He wants to be the sole point of contact aside from the typical mturk-worker-support@amazon.com address. Wonder if he will become the "support" entirely at some point. I get why he uses the accusatory language, but if this is what I had to do to get the attention of Amazon, I honestly don't feel bad about it. See below:

#104 Metallica, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  5. DareAngel3

DareAngel3
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    The language is really what sat wrong with me.
    I get it... The random Amazon employees don't want Mturk spam mail, so they forward them to this guy with a "can you tell them to knock it off?" kind of message.
    If he can be a one-man show and get the job done, then great! But I think it speaks volumes that the list WAS at least getting SOMETHING done.
    Have you mentioned your verification suspension to him? ;)

Metallica likes this.
  6. Metallica

Metallica
    Expand Collapse
    Never free, never me

• Administrator
    • Mentor
    I actually had a wild theory that me giving those addresses to people may be a cause behind the suspension and they're just using a boilerplate reasoning as a front. Someone even messaged me earlier and suggested they may be testing on me, seeing how well the suspension team can handle a false suspension. I haven't contacted him about it just yet, but you better believe I am going to show him everything when I get my account back. I probably am being a bit tin-foily with the above, but.. who knows?

Honestly, if I were to stand behind my theory, it would explain why they've toyed with me so much in the past. The multiple suspensions and the "we revoked your masters" only for nothing to happen just don't make sense to me.

#106 Metallica, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    DareAngel3 likes this.