Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

iOS data entry

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by jazza, Sep 24, 2018.

1. jazza

jazza
    Expand Collapse

Hi
    This is my first post on this forum.

How can I create a HIT that workers will add data to my iOS application on the app store.
    The tasks are:
    1)Download the app from the app store.
    2)Go to an e-commerce link.
    3) Retrieve the Product title, price and image.
    4) Add it to my app.

The concern for me is downloading the app from the app store. Is this possible?

Thanks

2. ChristopherASA

ChristopherASA
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    I see you didn't get any responses. You might consider going over to the daily work thread, introducing yourself, blah blah blah. Luck!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Steez

Steez
    Expand Collapse
    Woke

Sounds like an interesting project! There have been other requesters in the past who have done iOS app testings (unfortunately can't think of one currently, but I've done several iOS tests.) There's an app on iOS called "TestFlight" that one of the requesters likes to have initiate the testing. It might be worth checking out :cigar:

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. charlie

charlie
    Expand Collapse

are you suggesting Data Entry but only into an app we download? there are better ways to handle this. Moving from one app to a browser and back is not the simplest thing in the world. it's pretty headachy at times. You would be far better off doing that sort of load on the back end.
    1. build a hit that contains fields for the data you want within the hit itself.. not a separate link to another page.
    2. when a user submits the hit, the data should fill in a database on the backend.
    3. your app should be communicating with the server hosted database and should be able to view the data that was submitted.