Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Intermittent Fasting, aka eating all the things a few hours a day

Discussion in 'Social Discussion' started by savvylabell, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Cara

Cara
    Expand Collapse
    ad space now available

• Contributor
    oh i do keto, so i need extra electrolytes. meat and veggies don't have enough for me so i supplement sodium, potassium,and magnesium.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    savvylabell and Despairagus like this.
  2. Despairagus

Despairagus
    Expand Collapse
    Active Mumbler

• Contributor
    Oh word I did Keto for a while and enjoyed it a bunch... but I love to bake bread so it's a no-go for me. Forgot about the electrolyte thing with that!

savvylabell likes this.
  3. Pleco

Pleco
    Expand Collapse
    Friendly Neighborhood Rat

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    Are you doing IF to control your eating, lose weight, or for the other health benefits of it?

Because if you're trying to lose weight, there's nothing wrong with doing IF for a while and then abandoning it once you hit your target. Or just not being as strict with it. There's varying levels, people who do pure IF won't even drink coffee or tea, but if your goals are different you can be a little more flexible with it.

savvylabell likes this.
  4. Despairagus

Despairagus
    Expand Collapse
    Active Mumbler

• Contributor
    Kind of a combination of many things. Husband already does IF basically, but not intentionally. Lose weight, yes, curb bad eating habits, yes. COOK LESS yes.

But also I remember the last time I did it and stuck with it for a while feeling like I had a ton more energy and much less idk bloaty and tired. So I'm chasing the not-bloated-energy-full dragon I guess.

Pleco and savvylabell like this.
  5. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse
    NOT JADED :)

• Contributor
    Yeah, I do drink coffee in the mornings because losing weight is secondary to controlling my eating habits. I figure with better eating habits comes a bit less calories into my mouth lol

Daniel, Despairagus and Pleco like this.
  6. Pleco

Pleco
    Expand Collapse
    Friendly Neighborhood Rat

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    I'd do IF and just have coffee and milk in the morning, if it helps you with your day being less miserable.

Maybe later you can cut that out when you're much more used to IF. I've been guilty of this too but I think most people when they start new eating habits or a new diet, they go all out and then fail because nobody is perfect and we all fuck up at one point or another.

Just the act of having a much smaller eating window makes a difference, the rest you can build up to it.

savvylabell and Despairagus like this.
  7. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Whoops, ate four hours early today.

The world won't end tho, so that's cool. Tomorrow is another day..... at least I am trying to not beat myself up about it.

Daniel and jan like this.
  8. Cara

Cara
    Expand Collapse
    ad space now available

• Contributor
    yesterday i wasn't hungry so i barely ate (like 700 calories) and my eating window was 7 hours because my new schedule messes me up.
    today i was ravenous, so i ate breakfast (~500 cals) at 10 am and i'm interested to see how it affects me for the rest of the day.
    i'm gonna try to stop eating at 6 and switch things up. make my body go all WHAAAA and confuse the heck out of it lol.

savvylabell likes this.
  9. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    i fucked up and ate breakfast again. i wasn't even hungry. being sleepy doesn't help. I will NOT eat before 12pm tomorrow. #selfcontrol

10. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Alright, week two of staying steady.

I'm 16:8 and calorie counting 1400 calories a day. No drinking during the week but weekends are fair game. Honestly, no beer during the week is cutting at least 500calories a week from my intake. I might have one whiskey tonight, but am counting it in my calories - it's line dance lesson night y'allll and I got new boots to try.

I feel pretty good and not too obsessed with eating. I think fasting has been the best thing I've done - it's really suppressing and controlling my hunger. I am not obsessed with constantly consuming. This week has been a turning point because I've been able to control compulsive eating. I don't give in to snacks. I had plenty of time and didn't stop at Chick Fil A for breakfast. I *almost* don't want to. I mean, it's delicious, but I can wait for a specific day and time.

I've been toying with trying a 24 occasionally. Friday would be ideal, then I could eat my spinach pizza and beer with less guilt that night. Good reset for a weekend where I probably won't fast - I have a friend coming to town and we will be trying craft breweries and whatnot and I'm not gonna obsess about when I eat or how much to a point.

I'm keeping weigh ins to just Friday and Monday mornings, and my pants don't fit better but I don't constantly feel like derailing, so that's good. Last night I almost couldn't eat enough food to hit about 1400 calories - I don't wanna jump from what was around 2000 calories a day to less than 1000, that isn't healthy. But I like that I'm struggling to eat enough.

I also started working out in the mornings. Will keep up with strenuous dancing twice a week and my normal farm chores and dog walking. If I don't see a change in body comp in the next two weeks, nothing works and I am broken.

11. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    I'm 18 hours into my first attempt at a 24 hr fast. Just to see if I could, more a mental thing than anything. My stomach is a bit upset, too acidic feeling.

I do have coconut water to consume later, i know some consider that a cheat, but I have to do a couple hours of manual labor at the farm before I can eat tonight.

12. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    On my second 24 hour fast. It's not that hard, interestingly enough.

13. savvylabell

savvylabell
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    So I might be addicted to fasting - but I also still love eating. I hope I can stick to this for a few months consistently. Honestly, fasting is perfect for the holiday season too and will help cut the constant snacking on cookies. I'm much better at telling myself I can't eat anything at all for 16-24 hours than to have one thing every hour. That opens up floodgates.

Have been doing a lot of reading about Human growth hormones and how cellular repair with fasting today. I did a 24 tuesday into wednesday, ate over an 8 hour period yesterday, waiting 16 hours today and after a work lunch today will delve into another 24 and eat for 8 hours or so tomorrow. I think I will stick to a combo of 16:8 and 24 for at least a month and hopefully see some results. I haven't even had time to eat dinner for weeks now, and trying to eat dinner stresses me out, so I've eliminated that most days of the week. That's more for the weekends.