Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Communicate with Workers?

Discussion in 'Requester Support' started by Gbost, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Gbost

Gbost
    Expand Collapse

• Requester
    Hello! I may be having a technical issue with my qualification (I have tried it and it is working fine for me and one other person) but have noticed a few recent workers with the same responses so I would like to be able to follow up with them before rejecting their responses so that I don't reject their work if it is not their fault!

Is there some way to message a worker regarding a particular HIT before I approve or reject?

Thanks!

LittleDrummerBoy and A6_Foul_Out like this.
  2. THFYM

THFYM
    Expand Collapse
    Neither Agree Nor Disagree

• Contributor
    Hi @Gbost@Gbost,

If you're using the API, you can use the NotifyWorkers operation:
    https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSMechTurk/latest/AWSMturkAPI/ApiReference_NotifyWorkersOperation.html

If you're just using the dashboard and the above is not worth the headache to you, you can bonus the worker(s) in question a penny and attach a message.

Hope that helps!

3. Jaded

Jaded
    Expand Collapse
    The real themildone

• Administrator
    I just posted a hit to see if I could find a way to do it, but it looks like after some changes the old way is gone and the only way to do it is through the API thing @THFYM@THFYM linked. (Or the bonus a penny thing)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Gbost

Gbost
    Expand Collapse

• Requester