Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

2017 MTC Fantasy Football Challenge!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by El Pablo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. bxpretzel

bxpretzel
    Expand Collapse
    Ari Gold

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    • Mentor
    also i think we should use ESPN fantasy next year instead of Yahoo. gosh i really hate the user interface and the app is awful.

2. El Pablo

El Pablo
    Expand Collapse
    ಠ_ಠ

• Contributor
    I would have had more teams if Yahoo allowed it, 20 was the max. There was interest from other people, but they were late to the game and got left out.

20 teams with an auto draft means that we all basically have shit teams that will need to be micromanaged all to fuck to have any chance at success, you're not in this alone.

Auto draft you say? Only way I would NOT do an auto draft with this many teams is if I knew that all 20 would be actively participating in a live draft, other wise we would have a very top heavy league with the people that call it sportsball at the bottom. Sorry, no fun in that either.

Yahoo or ESPN? really, that is a real complaint?

This isn't for money or fame, it's for a stupid banner to make @TQueen@TQueen jealous. Make due with the team you have, show us how good you really are. AND BENCH ANDREW LUCK @mboone73@mboone73 you're just proving all my points above.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    SweetiePuff and TQueen like this.
  3. bxpretzel

bxpretzel
    Expand Collapse
    Ari Gold

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    • Mentor
    yes, having done fantasy leagues on multiple platforms, Yahoo is by far the worst and ESPN is the best.

4. El Pablo

El Pablo
    Expand Collapse
    ಠ_ಠ

• Contributor
    [​IMG]

5. bxpretzel

bxpretzel
    Expand Collapse
    Ari Gold

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    • Mentor
    ok, whatever. i'll keep doing the shitty Yahoo fantasy league, but the auto draft sucked and Yahoo sucks.

6. El Pablo

El Pablo
    Expand Collapse
    ಠ_ಠ

• Contributor
    Having done fantasy football leagues since before the Internets, I can tell you it doesn't matter.

T. Leela likes this.
  7. PeachyRider

PeachyRider
    Expand Collapse
    Real Southern Comfort

• Threaderator
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Champion
    we only had 12 or 14 teams last year though. the fact you wanted more than 20 is crazy imo.

And I'll plug the players I have in already, but without being able to add any players off free agency worth a lick and hoping backup scrubs somehow produce... I don't see a lot of joy

bxpretzel likes this.
  8. bxpretzel

bxpretzel
    Expand Collapse
    Ari Gold

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    • Mentor
    if it doesn't matter, why do you run the fantasy league? some people actually enjoy fantasy football and i'd prefer to enjoy this league as well

PeachyRider likes this.
  9. mboone73

mboone73
    Expand Collapse
    Pig Man

• Contributor
    Um, I'm more concerned about Watson getting murder, death, killed behind his weak ass offensive line than I am about fantasy football.

10. PeachyRider

PeachyRider
    Expand Collapse
    Real Southern Comfort

• Threaderator
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Champion
    I love fantasy football (obviously). I was just stating a couple of my gripes this morning. I thought last season was a lot of fun. There were just enough teams where you could still pick up some what decent players off free agency and you actually faced everyone in the league at least once.

Made friendly trash talking more fun on the forums. I don't even get to play @IndigoTemple@IndigoTemple this season. Unless we meet in the playoffs. I guess that's not a big gripe. I just feel like larger leagues creates a lot more problems. I know it's too late to do anything about it now so I know I'm howling in the wind here. I'll still try my best with what I have. Just stating how I feel

11. El Pablo

El Pablo
    Expand Collapse
    ಠ_ಠ

• Contributor
    I added more because there was interest from more people. Sorry you can't score 100+ points every week.

You seem to have a lot of angst about a platform you knew we were playing on when you signed up, so I guess I'll be as smug as you and ask why you joined knowing this ahead of time?

I really appreciate all the passion about this, and wish we had 20 people this serious about a mtruck fantasy football league.

A goddamned MTURK fantasy football league.

12. bxpretzel

bxpretzel
    Expand Collapse
    Ari Gold

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    • Mentor
    because it matters to me otherwise i wouldn't be participating at all, and you basically dismissed my suggestion completely which i felt was rude

A6_Foul_Out likes this.
  13. PeachyRider

PeachyRider
    Expand Collapse
    Real Southern Comfort

• Threaderator
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Champion
    It's not about scoring 100+ points every week. It's the flexibilty aspect. And you say let the best person win who manages their team right....

there's people with 2nd and 3rd string players starting for their fantasy teams. You could be a fantasy wizard and it wouldn't matter. Kind of like a good head coach coaching a real life team in any sport with not so talented guys.

And yeah it's a mTurk fantasy football league, but there are a few people who actually give a damn about it and I wish you had the same passion as I do for it since you're in charge of it

bxpretzel likes this.
  14. bxpretzel

bxpretzel
    Expand Collapse
    Ari Gold

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    • Mentor
    @Pablo Escobar@Pablo Escobar this is partly why i'm being smug about it - if it doesn't matter to you, why are you managing the league at all? it matters to some of us.

PeachyRider likes this.
  15. PeachyRider

PeachyRider
    Expand Collapse
    Real Southern Comfort

• Threaderator
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • Champion
    I didn't sleep well last night so I do admit I may be a tad bit argumentative this morning. And it is also just fantasy football. I kind of just felt this way though since the lack of announcing a draft date for the league in the off season.

People literally tagged me at least 5 times asking when the draft date was. And all I could say was "I'm not sure. I don't run the league. Ask Pablo". Then we get hit with an auto draft last min. Now we're land locked with a lot of scrub players

#55 PeachyRider, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    bxpretzel likes this.
  16. El Pablo

El Pablo
    Expand Collapse
    ಠ_ಠ

• Contributor
    It matters to me or else I wouldn't have created the league for a second year. But you take out all of the sportsballers, housewives, and people that draft for cute guys and you're gonna have yourself a healthy 4 man league.

I know the people here and I knew in advance what type of players we would have. Guess what, I'm okay with that.

As for Yahoo, well I guess since I started this and I prefer Yahoo it's kind of a moot point. Next year Peachy can make a league with hardcore players and you can make one for EPSN fans. Problem solved.

SweetiePuff likes this.
  17. mboone73

mboone73
    Expand Collapse
    Pig Man

• Contributor
    It's ok. I picked up Case Keenum the great. Once Sam Bradford breaks both of his ankles, he'll be Tom Brady lite.

IndigoTemple likes this.
  18. IndigoTemple

IndigoTemple
    Expand Collapse
    Spongebob Memes

• Contributor
    @Pablo Escobar@Pablo Escobar @Pastor Peachy@Pastor Peachy @bxpretzel@bxpretzel

I think the league is going to be fine. Its only week 1. We already have major injuries to star WRs and RBs. Injuries are the ultimate equalizer in this. So many people can theoretically draft an amazing team and have it burn into flames because their two best guys get injured and have to go on IR. Also, there will be plenty of people open on the waiver wire because of those injuries. That 2nd or 3rd down back, instantly becomes the 1st team option and a star running back because the other RB went down. Hes on the waiver wire right now just waiting for his opportunity. I watched redzone yesterday which shows all the games and I saw many key players on a lot of offenses that werent drafted. They dont show up on the waiver wire right now because scores are updated after week 1 is complete but there is a lot of talent on there still. I have 3 pick ups pending from guys that I think will be fantasy sleepers this year. Plenty of talent to still go around even though there are 20 teams.

19. scrmcasey

scrmcasey
    Expand Collapse
    Skynet Aide

• Contributor
    • Sole Survivor
    When is being a housewife an insult? I used to work, then I had kids and sometimes its easier to stay home with the little people than work outside of the home and give an entire paycheck to daycare. And I was making a joke about the whole "cute guys" thing the other day.

A6_Foul_Out and T. Leela like this.
  20. TQueen

TQueen
    Expand Collapse
    Southern Sweetness

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    A6_Foul_Out likes this.