Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

12/25 - Christmas Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Daily Work Threads' started by jklmnop, Dec 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amon

Amon
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Here is the latest from Requester
    Social Chat

You will have 3 steps in this task:

1. Read articles and facts
    2. Chat about the articles and facts
    3. Become increasingly frustrated

It should take roughly 45 minutes for task completion.You will be paid only if you manage to find someone else willing to actually work on the hit. You might be paid $2.00 or $0.00 post assessment of your randomly generated number, with up to $1.50 bonus dependent on our verification of:
    • Exceptional conversation quality
    • Number of responses, more turns receive a higher bonus
    • Reading content coverage
    To prevent workers from wasting time, please just go ahead and return the hit

*Corrected for clarity

Nikoratos and HelloHello like this.
  2. Michele

Michele
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    Title: Language and Cognition (~ 60 minutes) | Accept
    Requester: Kelly Kendro [A2U6FMZSHO90O0] Contact
    TV: No Reviews
    TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
    TO2: No Reviews
    Reward: 9.00
    Duration: 1:30:00
    Available: 1
    Description: A survey consisting of 4 short cognitive tasks and 2 questionnaires to determine Spanish language knowledge and general language background
    Qualifications: TP Panel: 217640599 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [119776172-120048] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
    HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6

3. Michele

Michele
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    aw ptooey, sending back as I've never been proficient in Spanish

4. HelloHello

HelloHello
    Expand Collapse

Personally I would put the bonus in the 0.00 category versus the payment. So far, knock on wood, mine have all paid.

5. reprise

reprise
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    sup all

doing a bunch of ben petersons cuz... well, you know. they are kinda decent-ish when there's nothing else. plus i just passed 4k hits and when i get to 5 i can do vicky stuff. :)

spent this afternoon at my friend's house with her and her kids. we played games and stuff. i had chocolate. it was good.

hope you all are well

#205 reprise, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Merovign and Michele like this.
  6. Amon

Amon
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    The 0.00 was there intentionally as either that or 2.00 would be selected after assessment of the randomly generated number, it was more a continuation of the reject lottery concept. I only have one reject from them, but I've only done three or four of the hits. That was back before they decided to list what their requirements are in the case of partner disconnection aside from that it had sufficient turns.

#206 Amon, Dec 25, 2018
    Merovign likes this.
  7. reprise

reprise
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Do any of you guys use Appen? I just got approved for the site.

8. SarahAshlee90

SarahAshlee90
    Expand Collapse

Do you have the vicky qual?

Merovign and Jerami like this.
  9. reprise

reprise
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    Yes. Just not the 5k minimum. :)

Merovign and SarahAshlee90 like this.
  10. Jerami

Jerami
    Expand Collapse
    The Last Starfighter

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • HIT Poster
    • Mentor
    Well, Christmas is effectively over. Made it through. Literally didn't leave my office until 9pm. Hugged my little nephew and wished him a merry one, and asked him about his day. Christmas still being important for him, I don't want my indifference to bias him in any way. Told mom I love her, cause that makes her feel good. And, wished my baby sister Merry Christmas because she's the baby and the only person in my family that has a grip on reality, and she said it to me first and didn't want to be an ass. Anyway, it's over. Relatively mild. Experienced a little disappointment for a second, feeling like I had missed out on some imaginary something. Then I thought about it and rationalized that the minimal discomfort I felt by isolation was minor compared to the compound stress associated with previous Christmases.
    So, made it through, everyone is fine and I wasn't missed, apparently.:p

Back to life as normal. I hope everyone had the day that they wanted, whatever that may be. And, if not, maybe you've learned what you can do better next time. Either way, it's mostly over except the cleanup.

Thanks to everyone for putting up with my oddity today. I'll accept that as my present from you all for the bit of help I may offer the rest of the year. Thanks again! :)

Side note: My phone rang exactly once today. Don't even know why I have it.:p

#210 Jerami, Dec 25, 2018
    jklmnop, reprise, Nikoratos and 3 others like this.
  11. Merovign

Merovign
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    I have 14k and I still don't have the Vicky qual. Someone gave me a PANDA for it but I've never caught it.

12. Nikoratos

Nikoratos
    Expand Collapse

I feel you on a lot of this. I've been in agreement with most of your holiday related programming today actually. Now that it's almost over I wanted to congratulate you on making it through without losing any skin.

Jerami likes this.
  13. Jerami

Jerami
    Expand Collapse
    The Last Starfighter

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • HIT Poster
    • Mentor
    Thanks, pal! :D
    Today was interesting and, now that it's over, I think it was the right choice. I think that even if I did celebrate down the road, it puts a lot of things into perspective and makes me feel like any celebration, no matter how small, would make today special, if I wanted that. Kinda like being absolutely pennyless for a period, without backup support or credit, and coming out the other side with a new appreciation for the $1 that you spend on coffee. In my mind, I validated my hypothesis by making it through with considerably less stress and only minimally less reward, which is completely offset by that lack of stress and frustration. Also, if I felt that I was really missing out on the small bit of gift giving, there's nothing that says I can't move that to a later or earlier date that isn't already associated with the previous 'baggage'. Overall I think a success and, once people get used to me not celebrating Christmas, it'll be as normal as people who don't celebrate Christmas because they celebrate a different holiday, like Hanukkah.

#213 Jerami, Dec 25, 2018
    Nikoratos and jklmnop like this.
  14. Jerami

Jerami
    Expand Collapse
    The Last Starfighter

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    • HIT Poster
    • Mentor
    One thing that was good today, I discovered https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEOXxzW2vU0P-0THehuIIeg Captain Disillusion. So shocked that this guy is not on tv by now. Crazy high quality videos, solid writing and acting, and very original. Worth checking out, if you're bored.:)

EDIT Going to get a coffee, then I'll post some HITs in the next thread. See y'all in a bit.:)

#214 Jerami, Dec 25, 2018
  15. Sarcasmologist

Sarcasmologist
    Expand Collapse
    Profanity really makes the sentence!!

• Contributor
    before the thread is done... its already the 26th here... but i hope everyone had an awesome holiday!!!!!!

jklmnop and Jerami like this.
  16. jklmnop

jklmnop
    Expand Collapse
    data sanitation engineer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.