Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

06/07 - Taco Thursday!

Discussion in 'Daily Work Threads' started by jklmnop, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cb456

cb456
    Expand Collapse
    WTF

Title: Listen to a Genre Category: Hip Hop / Rap song and answer a survey about it. | Accept
    Requester: AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] Contact
    TO: [Pay=3.39] [Fast=4.85] [Comm=3.16] [Fair=4.89] [Reviews=212] [ToS=0]
    Reward: 0.13
    Duration: 3600
    Available: 1
    Description: A musician or label is seeking feedback on a Genre Category: Hip Hop / Rap song from people in the United States who enjoy Genre Category: Hip Hop / Rap music. Listen to the song for at least 30 Seconds and answer a survey about it. NOTE: The qualification test is to confirm you enjoy listening to the designated genre.
    Qualifications: Likes Hip Hop / Rap / R&B GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
    HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6

aveline likes this.
  2. Michele

Michele
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    Title: Lego Search Strategy(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
    Requester: Cognition and Natural Behavior Laboratory [AHN61MLI1DS8R] Contact
    TV: [Hrly=$8.49] [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
    TO: [Pay=4.83] [Fast=4.89] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.97] [Reviews=102] [ToS=0]
    TO2: [Hrly=14.85] [Pen=0.39 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
    Reward: 0.67
    Duration: 900
    Description: 5 minute questionnaire
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US; Exc: [148485941-91678] DoesNotExist
    HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6

aveline likes this.
  3. Farmer Pleco

Farmer Pleco
    Expand Collapse
    Plowing connoisseur

• Contributor
    • Crowd Pleaser
    I'm really interested in the machinery aspect of it. You know they have tractors with auto-steer now? They can drive themselves around the field, using gps, They have sowing and fertilizer machines that know when a field ends and shuts off automatically, so that they don't waste anything.

It's interesting the contrast between all that technology and at the same time, being so dependent on nature. A bad day of weather can ruin a whole crop, no matter how fancy all your machinery is.

But also I loved your story! Not sure I've got what it takes to be an actual farmer, but in a little coastal town like that it's gotta be special.

Michele and MarkC like this.
  4. tricker

tricker
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    :eek:

I love Bolinas! Not a lot of people know that place!

I lived not too far from there in an even smaller town called Inverness for a while. I would love, love love to retire there.

I drag the kid back there and to Pt. Reyes at least once per year.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #964 tricker, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Michele likes this.
  5. Michele

Michele
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    Nice :) I remember going to Inverness every once in a while, lucky you. Yes, yes...I would love to retire in Bolinas or around there. It sounds like a plan. I love Marin in general. It was kind of expensive when I was there back around 86, so it must be up there now. I didn't have to pay on the farm, but when I left to start at College of Marin, I rented a room in San Anselmo, I think it was. That's really neat that you know Bolinas. I remember how people used to take the sign for it down all the time so no one new could find it. I took my son there when he was little and down to the Bay Area and Ocean Beach as often as I could too.

tricker likes this.
  6. tempo

tempo
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    I had 19 out of 541 hits submitted on that batch and that's like 3.5% rejection rate and it sucks. I don't really think I've done so many mistakes, I have followed instructions and even returned some hits that I wasn't sure about. Maybe I was just unlucky, but it is pretty hurtful when I read on forums that I must've done a bad job. I emailed the requester and asked for explanations/examples but didn't get any reply.

aveline and GTR like this.
  7. Achilles2357

Achilles2357
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    stuffalleysays and aveline like this.
  8. Michele

Michele
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    • HIT Poster
    Who said you did a bad job? That's not nice. To me, it sounds like you actually did really well considering the very nature of those hits required you to essentially make your best guess for many of them if you were going to do them at all. My plan is just to stay away from them from now on, unfortunately, since they were actually kind of interesting.

9. GTR

GTR
    Expand Collapse

was that today's' batch? and that does suck, they need to have more detailed instructions WITH good image examples.

aveline and tempo like this.
  10. tempo

tempo
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    No, the one from 6/2

GTR likes this.
  11. alk69

alk69
    Expand Collapse

Hum...I don't know if anyone else noticed, but there was a recurring glitch in the HITs. I would click the tab on and sometimes it wouldn't take. I had to double click it to get it to take. Pics does this, too. That means if you're not paying careful attention, it can be submitted(if you have made more than one choice) without all the choices tagged. It seemed to me that the weakest one was transportation, too. And since nearly all the images had roads, you could be caught short.....just my observation.

GTR, aveline and Michele like this.
  12. GTR

GTR
    Expand Collapse

I only did 21 from 6/1-2 all approved and I only did 10 today. They may be targeting people that did in the 100's more so than someone that only did 10-50

alk69 likes this.
  13. tempo

tempo
    Expand Collapse

• Contributor
    I didn't have that glitch though. And I marked the transportation a lot. There were also some almost white pictures but if I could see the shape of buildings and roads I'd tag it, maybe I shouldn't have hahaha.

alk69 and GTR like this.
  14. aveline

aveline
    Expand Collapse
    occasionally helpful

• Administrator
    • Champion
    Would anyone like to make tomorrow's thread?

basketcasey likes this.
  15. GTR

GTR
    Expand Collapse

Geos... just another pretty good RQ gone down the Highway of Shit HIT's... sHITs

tempo likes this.
  16. GTR

GTR
    Expand Collapse

we will never know, because they WON'T tell us... :)

alk69 and tempo like this.
  17. aveline

aveline
    Expand Collapse
    occasionally helpful

• Administrator
    • Champion
    Title: Social Attitudes Survey(~ 7 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: UMich Research Lab [A38QEXP4RJ3ATP] (Contact)
    TV: [Hrly: $7.01] [Pay: 2.63] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
    TO: [Pay: 2.94] [Fast: 4.42] [Comm: 3.70] [Fair: 4.73] [Reviews: 76] [ToS: 3]
    TO2: [Hrly: $5.833] [Pen: 0.52 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
    Duration:
    30 minutes
    Reward: $0.75
    Description:
    Survey about your social attitudes that takes approximately 7 minutes. Requires writing a few sentences.
    Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [452571511-91582] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Azazael likes this.
  18. GTR

GTR
    Expand Collapse

aveline likes this.
  19. aveline

aveline
    Expand Collapse
    occasionally helpful

• Administrator
    • Champion
    Title: ROUND 2: Rate website/app content (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | PANDA
    Requester: User Experience Research [A2OM0ACK3JQTG] (Contact)
    TV: [Hrly: $21.77] [Pay: 4.77] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
    TO: [Pay: 4.89] [Fast: 4.95] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 48] [ToS: 0]
    TO2: [Hrly: $11.786] [Pen: 0.50 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 75% of 4] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
    Duration:
    6 hours
    Available: 235
    Reward: $1.25
    Description:
    Rate a post/content on a site/app you use at least weekly (e.g., YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, etc.) by answering a survey about your reactions to the post/content. Please, only one HIT per worker.
    Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, NZ, US; Qualification to Prevent Retakes DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1

20. aveline

aveline
    Expand Collapse
    occasionally helpful

• Administrator
    • Champion
    Title: PMB-Social Survey(~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
    Requester: Judith [A1FRTGKEV1IOXV] (Contact)
    TV: [Hrly: $12.09] [Pay: 3.24] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
    TO: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
    TO2:
    No Reviews
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Reward: $0.20
    Description:
    This is a very brief, 2 minutes survey. You will receive 20 cents for participation.
    Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1275905165-91629] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.